Use this form if you’d like to send us a private message rather than a public comment. By default, messages sent using this form go to Phil Groom. If it’s another member of the team you want to to contact, he’ll pass the message on. We’ll get back to you if necessary…
Welcome!This site was set up to provide a news portal and discussion forum during the rundown of the former SPCK Bookshops by the Brewer brothers. It's now largely an archive site, but remains open for comments, discussion and occasional news items...
- Final settlement with SSG worth “over a million pounds” (updated 12/10/2013)
- Freeholds Reclaimed, Disbursements and Pension Fund top-ups promised as SPCK settle dispute with SSG
- Philip Brewer files for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in California
- Durham Cathedral Shop Employees win Redundancy Payout
- The sad and empty shell of the former SPCK Christian Bookshop, Chester
- 248,588 pageviews... and counting!
- Amazon asingleblog Authentic Media bad faith Bankruptcy Bookseller Boycott bplaw.com brewer Brewer and Pritchard Brewers Cease and Desist Charity Commission Chester Chichester Christian bookshop Christian Bookshops Christian Marketplace christmas Church House Publishing Church of England Pensions Board Church Times CRE Dave Walker Durham Durham Cathedral Durham Cathedral Bookshop Durham Cathedral Shop Durham Cathedral Shop Management Company employment tribunal Employment Tribunals ENC ENC Management Company facebook Former SPCK Bookshops gerald the sheep Google Houston Interim Manager J Mark Brewer Lincoln Liquidation Mark and Philip Brewer Mark Brewer Orthodox Mission Pensions Petition Phil Brewer Phil Groom Philip Brewer Philip W Brewer Prayer Randy Williams Saint Stephen the Great Saint Stephen the Great Charitable Trust Sarum Books SEC Securities and Exchange Commission Simon Kingston SPCK SPCK Bookshops SSG SSGCT Stanford Financial Group St Stephen the Great St Stephen the Great Charitable Trust St Stephen the Great Trust the Bookseller Third Space Books thirdspacebooks.com USDAW Wales Wesley Owen Worcester York
All Time Top Posts
September 2014 S M T W T F S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Birmingham to receive a Christian bookselling boost as CLC decide one shop won’t do: Carrs Lane premises to open Weds 6th August August 4, 2014
- And the winners are… #CRT14: Congratulations to all this year’s award winners! June 4, 2014
- Penfold announce trade distribution via Marston and appoint regional reps April 24, 2014
- Synergi Saved! Good News for Christian Retailers as BookSolve purchase Synergi from the TMD Administrator April 15, 2014
- Let’s get digital: Young David comes of age April 12, 2014
DisclaimerAll opinions expressed are those of the individual contributors concerned and should not be taken as representing the views of any particular group or organisation unless otherwise stated.
The use of pseudonyms when commenting is welcome. All we ask is that you:
- Use the same pseudonym each time you comment;
- Provide a valid email address so that we — that is, this blog's organisers — can contact you if necessary
All comments should comply with the standards set out in the Christian Bookshops blog Comments Policy. Failure to abide by those guidelines may lead to comments being deleted without notice. Thank you.
Your contact details will not be passed on to any third party without your explicit permission or unless we are required to disclose those details under British law
In submitting any communications to this website or its representatives by any means whatsoever you grant an unrestricted worldwide license to cite, republish or reuse all such communications in part or in whole via any medium. You further warrant that you have the legal right to submit such communications and that you accept full liability and responsibility for their entire content and for all and any consequences arising from such citation, republishing or reuse. This overrides, supersedes and takes absolute precedence over any other copyright or confidentiality clauses unless explicitly agreed by both parties in advance.
In particular, these terms will be invoked in the event of a perceived threat to this site such as but not limited to attempts to serve Cease and Desist notices.